Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Bike Races

I raced in one kid's bike race in Basking Ridge today and I came in second place in my heat. I felt great about that because it was my first time racing.

After the race I saw a stunt show by Jeff Lenosky.


It was so cool because he signed my helmet and a picture of him on his bike jumping a fence. I saw him go up a very steep ramp and get to the roof of his trailer. He went on a two inch wide balance beam that was four feet high and then for his grand finale he jumped off a ten foot high balance beam over a kid and landed it perfectly.

Whoever is out there reading this, go to Basking Ridge on Labor Day for bike races - you will really like it!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Liam - that sounds so very cool. I wish I saw that instead in being stuck in my house making chicken soup for the Jewish holidays!! Did you ever have matzoh ball soup? If not, tell Mom and I will save some for you. If I do say so myself, I'm a pretty awesome soup-maker! I bet the next time you enter a bike race, you will win first prize!! I still haven't met you, but you're still first prize in my book! oxo Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam,

    That sounds like an awesome experience. It is always great to meet someone so talented. I once met a famous football player, Johnny Unitas. He actually was the quarterback for the Baltimore Colts when they won the Super Bowl a long, long time ago. I remember the when I met him, I was overwhelmed by his size. He FILLED up the room. He was very thin, but very tall and strong. I remember it very clearly. I'm sure you will remember Jeff Lenosky when you are older too!

    Sorry I missed the bike races on Labor Day. I hope they were fun. I look forward to your next post. Thank you. By sharing your experiences you help your readers to remember important times in their lives. That is a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Shelley - Why would you cook chicken soup for the Jewish holidays? Are you Jewish? I want soup Mrs. Shelley. Could you drop it off at my house?

    Mrs. Christa I am going to go to a Giants game in October. Do you like football? What is your favorite team?

    Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting.

    ReplyDelete